Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Am I or Am I Not?

When first posed with the question, "Are you a humanist?" The first thing I did was, I looked up the word, Humanist. Yay. The definition that I'll be using for blog entry is as followed "a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity."
Upon first meeting me, you would think "Yes, she most definitly is a humanist." I know this because I actually asked a few of my friends if they thought I was or wasn't. Also because I know myself quite well, or I would like to think I do, and I put alot of emphasis on the "human" factor in almost everything. That's what I'm mostly concerned with, on the outside.


Quite frankly, I don't find myself either one. I'm kinda stuck in the middle, as I always am. I am and I am not, that's just kinda how I roll. I am because of the fact that, as the definition I used states, I have a strong interest and concern for humans. I am not because at times, I could probably care less and I find myself really disliking the creatures (Yes I do include myself in that "creatures" statement, since I am human) that inhabit this planet. Though that doesn't happen very often, only because I make sure it doesn't.


I believe that there is some value in humans, although we have done terrible things to this planet, our ideas and thoughts are in fact, valuable. Atleast, to me they are. I don't mean my own ideas and thoughts, I could usually care less about that, I'm referring to others thoughts and ideas. There isn't full value though, because it can be easy to state that we haven't done the smartest things, and that we've done a good job of destroying this planet. And that is why I tend to flip flop between caring and not caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment